Monday, September 8, 2008

Countdown to the Bad Faeries Ball....

This is Halloween, this is Halloween.....
Halloween is coming closer! I can feel the chill in the air, and see the halloween stores popping up everywhere. I am very excited to make my Halloween Tree this year, and have some wonderful ideas for ornaments, in fact I will probably have some with my at the upcoming events! This is my very favorite holiday, with a close second being my birthday, which is just after it (November 3), so you may be hearing about Halloween from me for quite some time now...
So I just had eye surgery today, nothing major but it is uncomfortable right now, and very blurry out of that eye because of the ointment, so no painting for me tonight! Actually I am rather exhausted and probably need to rest, so that is probably a good thing, when I get into painting time has no meaning, I can look up from my work and hours may have passed....
In just a short time, I will be donning my dangerous metal wings and suiting up for the Bad Faeries Ball, my absolute favorite part of Faeriecon, http://www.faeriecon.com/, which is only a month away. I am definitely looking forward to vending it, so if you are in the area stop on by and visit me at booth 1921. Another highlight of the event for me will be seeing the Frouds and Alan Lee and Jen Delyth, and Woodland, and Omnia and Qntal, and Mark Lewis and Billy Scudder, and I could go on and on. I am very excited for this event. I do have to say though that I am very disappointed that according to a voicemail I got my partner in crime Hawk will not be able to join us after all :-( Which totally stinks! He will definitely be missed, haven't been able to talk in person so I don't know the full scoop.
Halloween aka Samhain will be upon us before we know it, and I have to say I am very pleased with my daughter Kaileigh's choice for what to be, which is rather important since I am making her costume, it would be really tedious to make a costume of something that didn't spark that creative flow. However, that is not the case here, I am totally excited to make her a costume to be Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas! I love Tim Burton movies and this one is by far my favorite, and Kaileigh's too, she has been watching it since she was a little sprite and would say "Can we watch Sally and Jack, Mama?" I must have seen it over 100 times. Frogsbreath? Nothing is more suspicious than Frogsbreath....
I was talking on the phone last night with a newly found friend, who is one of those people that I felt an instant connection with, and i feel we are kindred spirits.. I am very much looking forward to learning from this amazing woman, she is very talented in many areas, including being a fantastic diviner. She did a reading for me that blew my mind. In the course of our conversation last night however the subject of my website came up, and she sparked some ideas for some wonderful things to come, so stay tuned to www.lennonstudio.com for lots of exciting updates, changes, new features and sections, etc... if only there were more hours in the day! I would get it all done so much quicker.

No comments: